The Rising Star Award
The Rising Star Award was developed for honoring student leaders and advocates in medical imaging and radiologic sciences. The Awards and Honor Committee will be responsible for the oversight and distribution of this award.
Student engagement is crucial to the growth of our profession and Society. The TXSRT is dedicated to celebrating our students as future leaders. The Rising Star Award encourages continued growth and development, mentorship, and exceptional professionalism.
- Must be currently enrolled in a medical imaging or radiation therpy program (student can not currently be registered in any primary modality)
- Must be an upper level student (AAS: Third Semester or Higher / BS: Junior or Higher)
- Must be a current member of the TXSRT
- Must demonstrate a competitive academic performance ( > 3.5 GPA)
- Must demonstrate professional involvement beyond the classroom (professional society activity, internship, mentorship program, leadership programs, etc.)
- Must be recommended by his/her respective Program Director / Department Chair.
- Must be nominated by a current TXSRT member.
The Rising Stars
- 2016 – Viandra Hayden – UT MD Anderson
- 2017 – Mikayla Dunlap – Midwestern State University
- 2017 – Jennifer Otrezov – Lone Star College – Montgomery
- 2018 – Jake Knight – Tarrant County College Trinity River
- 2019 – Cody Scoggins – Tarrant County College Trinity River
- 2019 – Haley Brock – Midwestern State University