The Margaret Bishop Volunteer Service Award is designed to recognize the power of volunteerism and advocacy. Advocacy is the driving force to our professional improvement, effectiveness, and quality. Mrs. Margaret Bishop represents the epitomize of service leadership regardless of her role. Mrs. Bishop has been a TXSRT member for more than thirty (30) years engaged in numerous roles. One of her longest standing roles prior to mentoring her successor was serving as the Senior Area Counselor of the Capital Region (formerly known as the Central Region) representing the Austin Area.
The service Mrs. Bishop has invested in our society, profession, and communities are highly visible through Austin Community College, the Austin-San Antonio Area, and more especially the TXSRT. This award is named and founded on the timeless contributions embodied through Mrs. Margaret Bishop.
The Margaret Bishop Volunteer Service Award is the highest achievement of advocacy bestowed on our Texas advocates. This award is founded on the power and essence of volunteerism; the greatest resource to elevating our profession.
1. Current member of the Texas Society of Radiologic Technologists Inc.
2. Must be credentialed in a medical imaging or radiologic science by a recognized credentialing agency
3. Must demonstrate at least three (3) consecutive years of documented service (candidate is not limited to TXSRT committee involvement to qualify; however, membership solely is not competitive)
4. An Attestation of Service (or official proof of service) from an organization / association / society detailing exceptional community service in medical imaging / radiologic sciences.
5. Must be nominated by a TXSRT member
Recipients of the Volunteer Service Award
- 2019 – Margaret A. Bishop
- 2020/2021 – Jeniesa Johnson
- 2022 – Lois Lehman
Nominations are now open through December 31, 2022 for the 2023 Award