Virtual Student BEE 2021
First Place $150.00 Cash Award
Second Place $100.00 Cash Award
Third Place $ 50.00 Cash Award
The TSRT Student Bee is an academic competition between students from diagnostic medical imaging schools.
Magnetic resonance, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, radiography, or sonography/ultrasound students currently enrolled in an accredited radiologic science or medical imaging program are encouraged to enter this competition.
Students registered in a primary medical imaging modality (magnetic resonance, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, radiography, or sonography/ultrasound, etc.) regardless of enrollment status, will be qualified as a registered technologist; therefore, the individual is ineligible to compete with non-registered student technologists. This standard will be applied according to the status during the time of competition.
The following individuals/groups are prohibited from entering this competition: Companies, School Employees, Faculty Members, Educators, TSRT Board Members, Judges, and companies or individuals with TSRT Contracts.
- Each program will select up to three students to participate in the contest. Programs will use their own selection criteria. The names of the students will be emailed to the Vice-President of TXSRT by April 1, 2021. The Vice President can be emailed at Vice.President@TXSRT.ORG
- Competing programs will be provided with a link for the day of the completion to an electronic conferencing system such as Zoom. Students will be provided with a code to a quizzing platform such as Kahoot! on the day of the contest. Each student should have their own electronic device such as a tablet or smart phone.
- Competing students for each program are gathered into one room at the school and will be on the same webcam during the competition. Any student leaving the view of the webcam will be disqualified.
- Students will be asked multiple-choice questions related to the radiography curriculum. Each question will be displayed on the presentation screen(s).
- A set amount of time will be given for the competing students to select their answer for each question.
- The correct answer will then be displayed on the presentation screen.
- Students answering the question correctly will on camera and advance to the next question.
- Students answering the question incorrectly will be removed from the competition.
- The process will continue until 5-10 remaining students are left in the competition. *The winners of each preliminary rounds will advance to the final round.
- The final round will continue the multiple choice question process until a winner is determined.
- First, second, and third place winners will be recognized and awarded prizes.
Presentation of Awards
- Awards/winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony. Winners are encouraged to attend.
- If the winning student is unable to attend the Awards Ceremony, their award will be mailed to their Director of their educational. It will be the responsibility of the director/institution to forward and distribute the award to the recipient.