First Place $150.00 Cash Award
Second Place $100.00 Cash Award
Third Place $ 50.00 Cash Award
The TSRT Student Bee is an academic competition between students from diagnostic medical imaging schools.
Radiologic Science, Radiation therapy, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine and MRI students in an accredited Radiologic Science or Medical Imaging Program are encouraged to enter this competition.
Students registered in a primary medical imaging modality (Radiography, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, etc.) regardless of enrollment status, will be qualified as a registered technologist; therefore, the individual is ineligible to compete with non-registered student technologists. This standard will be applied according to the status during the time of competition.
The following individuals/groups are prohibited from entering this competition: Companies, School Employees, Faculty Members, Educators, TSRT Board Members, Judges, and companies or individuals with TSRT Contracts.
- Competing students are gathered into one room and seated near the front close to the presentation screen and the moderators.
- Competition may be divided into groups, depending on participation volume.
- Students will be asked multiple-choice questions related to the radiography curriculum. Each question will be displayed on the presentation screen(s).
- Each student is given a set of 1) white cards with the letters A, B, C, and D or 2) the use of electronic devices (usage of personal phone or clickers). Students will use these items to identify their selected answer for each multiple-choice question.
- A set amount of time will be given for the competing students to select their answer for each question.
- The moderator will then ask each student 1. To hold their selected card (A, B, C, or D) answer up over their head to display their selection 2. Click correct answer on device
- The correct answer will then be displayed on the presentation screen.
- Students answering the question correctly will remain seated and advance to the next question.
- Students answering the question incorrectly will be removed from the competition.
- The process will continue until 5-10 remaining students are left in the competition. *The winners of each preliminary rounds will advance to the final round.
- The final round will continue the multiple choice question process until a winner is determined.
- First, second, and third place winners will be recognized and awarded prizes.
Presentation of Awards
- Awards/winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony. Winners are encouraged to attend.
- If the winning student is unable to attend the Awards Ceremony, their award will be mailed to their Director of their educational. It will be is the responsibility of the director/institution to forward and distribute the award to the recipient.