iLEAD Presentation Competition
iLEAD Presentation Competition Rules and Regulations
First Place $150.00 Cash Award
Second Place $100.00 Cash Award
Third Place $ 50.00 Cash Award
- Radiologic Science, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine and MRI students in an accredited Radiologic Science Program are encouraged to enter this competition.
- The student must be a TSRT member by January 16 , 2019 and at the time of the 2019 Annual Meeting. TSRT membership applications can be found at www.txsrt.org
- The following individuals/groups are prohibited from entering this competition: Companies, School Employees, Faculty Members, Educators, TSRT Board Members, Judges, and companies /individuals with TSRT Contracts.
Students who are registered in a primary medical imaging modality (Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, etc.), regardless of enrollment status, will be qualified as a registered technologist; therefore, the individual is ineligible to compete with non-registered student technologists. This standard will be applied according to the status during the time of competition.
- TSRT reserves the right to limit the number of speakers for this competition due to time constraints. Educators and students will be notified via email by January 25, 2019 of any limitations.
- Use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint only
- 1. Students must complete the online 2019 Application for iLEAD Leadership Presentation Competition that is available below.
- The student must email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) an outline in Microsoft Word only format. 2) three (3) objectives of the presentation 3) Program Director verification letter of your student status. The attached letter from your Program Director must be on college/school letterhead and dated between January 1st and January 25th. The email should be labeled with the student’s name and competition name in the subject line. The deadline for submission is January 25, 2019
- The student must be registered and in attendance at the Annual Meeting to participate in this event.
- A student may submit only one presentation, during the 2019 Annual Meeting and only one (1) student speaker per presentation
- 1. Presentations submitted for award consideration must not have been shown at any previous TSRT or ASRT meeting/convention and must be prepared entirely by the student speaker
- The outline of the presentation must cover the entire subject matter.
- The PowerPoint presentation must be PowerPoint 2000 or newer.
- To comply with ASRT rules and regulations for continuing education, the length of the presentation must be fifteen (15) minutes. The student’s program director/designee is responsible for ensuring that the presentation meets the 15 minute minimum time requirement. Judges/designee will time the presentation and their decisions are final.
- The topics must relate to the Radiologic Sciences or Radiation Therapy such as Diagnostic Imaging (Radiology, Ultrasound, Interventional, CT, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology, MRI, etc.), Radiation Therapy, Radioactive Events, Patient Care, Medical Diseases/Syndromes, and/or Professionalism.
- The student will bring their PowerPoint presentation to the Annual Meeting on a Jump Drive and submit it to the iLead Leadership Chair at the beginning of the competition.
- TSRT Officers, Educational Alliance Chair, and/or Judges may disqualify/stop a presentation if they feel the speaker is presenting false, copied, or offensive information.
- Three judges will be appointed by the President, Vice President and/or Educational Alliance Chair from the membership attending the 2019 TSRT Annual Meeting.
- The judges are the responsibility of the Vice President and their decisions will be final.
- Presentations will be judged on the following:
- Originality: New approach, procedure, or technique, evidence of research, and knowledge and level of difficulty of subject matter
- Value and Interest: Practical value/interest to technologist/students and educational value to technologist/students
- Presentation: Proper credit given where warranted, speaker followed previously submitted outline, orderliness and clarity of thoughts/ideas in the presentation, and evaluation of PowerPoint presentation including structure, spelling, and operation
- Total maximum points a presentation can receive will be 405 points per judge. The total number of points accumulated for each presentation will be known only by the Vice President and Educational Alliance Chair.
Any questions regarding the eligibility of an applicant’s presentation that cannot be settled by the Vice President or Educational Alliance Chair must be submitted to the President of TSRT. If not satisfactorily settled by the President, eligibility status will be decided by the TSRT Board of Directors and Officers and their decision shall be final.
Presentation of Awards
- Awards/winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony. Winners are encouraged to attend.
- If the winning student is unable to attend the Awards Ceremony, their award will be mailed to their Director of their educational. It will be is the responsibility of the director/institution to forward and distribute the award to the recipient.
iLead Presentation Online Application
Deadline Date: January 25, 2019
Texas Society Radiologic Technologists
2019 Student iLead Leadership Judge’s Scoring Sheet
|Criteria Check List||Yes||No|
|Was presentation 15 minutes?|
|Original material and no signs of plagiarism?|
|Was Microsoft Power Point 2000 or greater used?|
|Does presentation meet the criteria for judging?
|Originality: New approach, procedure or technique|
|Originality: Evidence of research
|Originality: Knowledge and level of difficulty of subject matter presented.|
|Value and Interest: Practical and educational value to technologists and peers.|
|Value and Interest: Adds new knowledge to the profession.|
|Presentation: Proper credit given where warranted.
|Presentation: Speaker followed previously submitted outline.|
|Presentation: Confidence and clarity of thoughts or ideas in the presentation.|
|Presentation: Power Point spelling, structure, and operation.|
Texas Society of Radiologic Technologist, Inc.
2019 Application for Student iLead Leadership Competition
Title of Presentation ________________________________________________________________
|Name of Student Speaker: (Print or Type)|
|Home Phone with Area Code|
|Day Phone with Area Code (Work or School)|
|Are you a __student or __RT (check one) in an accredited Radiologic Science/Therapy Program? ____ Yes ____ No|
|Are you a TSRT student/active member by January 16, 2018? ____ Yes ____ No
If not, go to www.txsrt.org and complete a TSRT application and submit with payment by January 16, 2019.
|Name of School|
|Name of Program Director|
Read and know the above 2019 Student iLead Leadership Competition Rules and Regulations
- The iLead Leadership application (along with appropriate paperwork) must be e-mailed to TSRT and e-mail dates must be between January 16 and January 25, 2019. Student’s name and title of competition must be placed in the Subject Line of the email.
- You must be a TSRT student/active member by January 16, 2019 and a radiologic science/therapy student during the time of the 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Attach a letter from your Program Director (with college/school logo) verifying your student status. Typed ‘signature’ of Program Director will be OK
- Only one Student iLead Leadership application, outline, and program director verification letter per e-mail.
|I have read the above rules and regulations. I understand and agree to abide by these rules and regulations governing the Award of Merit Competition.
TYPE YOUR INITIALS IN ADJOINING COLUMN.
|Type Your Initials Here:|
E-MAIL TO: email@example.com
(Subject line: Student’s name and title of competition.)
Office of the Vice President
E-Mail Dates Accepted: Between January 16 and January 25, 2019. Use Microsoft Word only