- Elections will be held every year. There will be elections for the Vice President position, which will serve for one (1) year, Secretary Treasurer, which will be a two (2) year term and President-elect, which will be a progressive term as described below.
- The Vice President will be eligible to run for President-elect after serving a full year term, as will the Secretary Treasurer.
- The rotational term will be as follows: President Elect, President, Board Chair.
- The Board Chair will communicate to the membership, by whatever means necessary, a nominating window to submit names of individuals to run for each respective position. All nominees must be a member in good standing and currently reside in Texas.
- Nominations will be managed by the Nominating Committee Members. They will submit all names to the Board Chair for review and verification.
- The Board Chair will be responsible for all verification and notification of candidates.
- The Board Chair will submit slate of all eligible candidates to the Board of Directors at the designated Board Meeting as well as a report of ineligible nominees with detailed explanations.
- The Board Chair shall disburse electronic ballots to each member in the TXSRT Database with a 30 day window to submit completed ballots.
- Ballots will be sent to the Board Chair and Nominating Committee Members to tabulate the election results.
Election Verification Procedures
- The TXSRT Board Chair will accumulate and verify results. They will contact members of the Nominating Committee as needed to help with the tally and sending of results to the TXSRT Board of Directors and filing in the Executive Office.
- The TXSRT Board Chair will send the results to the TSRT President and contact each candidate with the results.
- The TXSRT Board Chair will contact the winner and verify that he/she is willing to accept the position. Once the winner accepts, the Chair notifies the other candidates.
- New Board Member will take their place on the Board of Directors after installation during the Business Session at the Annual Meeting.
Dear Fellow Technologists,
It is that time of year again where we begin our search for dedicated individuals to serve and promote our wonderful society of professionals. Now is the time to nominate yourself or someone else to become TXSRT’s next Vice President or President-elect.
The TXSRT is seeking imaging professionals with a desire to grow and to promote TXSRT. What does it take to be an effective officer of the TXSRT Board? Let’s take a look!
- -Our new officer(s) will be available to devote 5 hours a week answering emails, communicating with other board members, promoting growth in membership, and coordinating the student activities for the next annual meeting. The Secretary Treasurer will oversee TXSRT’s finances, by ensuring that effective financial systems and procedures have been established, are consistently being followed, and are in line with the best practices and legal requirements.
- – Become engaged with other responsibilities that allow us to make TXSRT the best we can for our members.
- – A demonstrated desire to make an impact by being involved with the internal operations of TXSRT, and maintaining high ethical standards and transparency for the success of our society.
- – Attend meetings and conferences for internal affairs as well as promote networking with external organizations on the local, state and national level.
The eligibility requirements for a TXSRT Officer:
- current reside in Texas
- be a member of TXSRT and ASRT in good standing
- have held a committee or appointed position for a minimum of one (1) complete year in which the nominee must have actively participated in the committee or appointed position
- have current ARRT registration
- have current license by the State of Texas
Nominations will be accepted until January 26th, and notifications of nominations will be sent to the individuals nominated as received. The elections will be January 30th to March 1st, 2021.
We are looking forward to a large number of dedicated individuals being nominated and offering their experience and expertise to the TXSRT membership for the upcoming elections. Be Informed. Be Engaged. Be RAD in 2021!
Brandon Kyle Green BSRT R.T.(R)(CT)
2020-2021 TXSRT Board Chair